Bibimbap is a dish mixed of cooked white rice, vegetables, beef, garnishes and fried red pepper paste. It is said that this dish came from the customs of memorial services and rural villages. This dish is very easy to prepare, just mixing together cooked white rice with various vegetables, namul and red pepper paste.
450g (2½ cups) non-glutinous rice, 600g (3 cups) water
300g young pumpkin, 2g (½ tsp) salt
200g skinned bellflower roots, 4g (1 tsp) salt
120g beef (top round), 200g soaked bracken
seasoning sauce : 18g (1 tbsp) soy sauce, 6g (½ tbsp) sugar, 9g (2 tsp) minced green onion, 5.5g (1 tsp) minced garlic, 2g (1 tsp) sesame salt, 0.3g (⅛ tsp) ground black pepper, 4g (1 tsp) sesame oil
2 ea (120 g) egg
3 g kelps, 26 g (2 tbsp) edible oil
fried red pepper paste : 95 g (5 tbsp) red pepper paste, 20 g minced beef, 9 g (2 tsp) minced green onion, 5.5 g (1 tsp) minced garlic, 90 g (6 tbsp) water, 18 g (1½ tbsp) sugar, 19 g (1½ tbsp) sesame oil
- 1. Put the rice and water in the pot, heat it up for 4 min. on high heat. When it boils, continue to boil it for another 4 min. then lower the heat to medium, boil it for 3 min. When the rice become sodden, lower the heat to low, steam for 10 min. to be well-done (1.03kg).
- 2. Preheat the frying pan and oil, stir-fry pumpkin on high heat for 30 sec. spread out and cool down (80g).
- 3. Preheat the frying pan and oil, stir-fry bellflower roots on medium heat for 5 min. (120g).
- 4. Preheat the frying pan and oil, stir-fry beef and bracken respectively on medium heat for 3 min. (beef 80g, bracken 164g).
- 5. Pour edible oil into the pan, oil fry kelps on medium heat for 10 sec. Crush it into large size.
- 6. Put the minced beef, green onion, garlic and half of the sesame oil in the pot, stir-fry them on medium heat for 2 min. Add red pepper paste, sugar and sesame oil, stir-fry for 5 min. Add water into it, stir-fry for another 3 min. to make fried red pepper paste (167g).
- 7. Serve steamed rice with prepared stuffs and fried red pepper paste on top.
|Heating Time||Proces||Heat Control|
|Preparation||Soaking non-glutinous rice, Preparing beef,
vegetables and egg garnish, Cooking steamed rice
|0 min||Stir-frying stuffs||H-heat 8 min, M-heat 3 min, L-heat 10 min.|
|20 min||Oil frying kelps||H-heat 30 sec, M-heat 11 min.|
|30 min||Making fried red pepper paste||M-heat 10 sec, M-heat 10 min.|