2nd Korean Food Storytelling Contest : Call for submissions
1. Contest outline
❍ Contest name: Korean Food Storytelling Contest
❍ Theme: Korean Food, Joy of Eating
❍ Submission period: Sept. 8 to Nov. 17, 2021 (by 24:00)
❍ Prerequisite: anyone of Korean or non-Korean nationality who loves Korean food
2. Contest components, formats, and plan for use of winning entries
❍ Written work contest
- Free format(essay, children’s story, poem, scenario for movie/play/musical, etc.)
* Word limit: up to *** words (10,000 characters if written in Korean)
❍ Drawing contest
- Free format(illustration, web poster, webtoon, folk painting, etc.)
* Photographs not accepted
❍ Use of winning entries
- Original and/or secondary copies will be posted to the KFPI’s social media accounts and published on the KFPI’s website or may be used in designing merchandising products.
- Exhibitions/productions related to KFPI projects, etc.
* For further information, please refer to the KFPI’s website (www.hansik.or.kr).
❍ No. of submissions: no limit (One person can submit to both components. In this case, however, he/she will be eligible to receive an award for only one component.)
❍ Language of submission: any language
3. How to submit
❍ Submit a written or illustrated work that reflects this contest’s theme along with the application form and confidentiality pledge to the email address specified below. (All items must be submitted in one compressed file. The file must be named as follows: “(Title)_(Name of submitter)”.)
※ Send submissions to: email@example.com
4. Information on screening process
❍ Method of screening/evaluation
– Round 1: KFPI screening, Rounds 2 and 3: Evaluation by internal and external experts
❍ Four categories according to which Rounds 2 and 3 (expert evaluation) will be conducted
– Sophistication of plan/design: Are the advantages and attractions of Korean cuisine adequately represented?
– Creativity and originality: Is the story original and/or fun?
– Resonance of submission: Does the story resonate with the viewer? Does it have the potential to be remembered by consumers for a long time?
– Potential to be used as or incorporated into cultural content: Does it have the potential to be used in future KFPI PR content?
5. Awards and cash prizes
❍ No. of awards given: 78 (39 each to Koreans and non-Koreans) / Total prize amount: KRW 40 million
❍ Announcement of results: Nov. 30, 2021 / 16:00 (tent.)
❍ Presentation of awards: by Dec. 6, 2021 (tent.)
❍ KFPI employee responsible for Korean Food Storytelling Contest 2021
☎ +82-2-6300-2070 (Hours: Monday-Friday, 10:00-17:00 (KST))
☑ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org